It is never too early or too late to get ready for the wonderful winter hiking season in Perth. Whether you prefer the sunrise starts, the pitter patter of rain falling off the leaves as your hike, jumping in puddles, or more of the ‘stay dry and enjoy the views’ kind of hike, we think you might find a handy hack to help you make the most of the hiking season to come.
Here are our top 8 must haves for the hiking season so you can be prepared.
1. Waterproof backpack. The last thing you want is your spare clothes and snacks coming out as soggy as your undies post rainy day hike. 2. Poncho. Cheap as chips and pack away super small in your backpack until the ‘rainy day’. Good to have on standby, and you can grab one here.
3. Hand warmers. These secret weapons are might helpful on those (albeit rare) sub 5 degree mornings. Check them out here.
4. Beanie. Every hiker needs to keep those ears warm. We recommend this one.
5. Wool socks. Wool regulates temperature well to keep your feet from getting sweaty and provides cushioning. Let’s not forget that wool helps prevent blisters and hotspots.
6. Warm jumper. What is better than a warm jumper? A warm jumper with meaning! How about joining our crew with a “movement, connection, nature” Jumper here.
7. Suncream. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you stop worrying about sunburn, especially in Australia. Slip slop slap every day. (Best suncream for your face? We recommend La Roche-Posay.
8. Keep cup. Good for the planet, good for your body, and great for your coffee. Have you seen our limited edition sol cups? In green and beige, made from handblown glass. Check them out!
Want to get your hands on one of our limited edition keep cups, beanies, or jumpers? Check out the range here. Limited stock remains so beat the winter rush and get yours now.